[Dixielandjazz] Xmas CDs

David W. Littlefield dwlit@cpcug.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:00:49 -0500

Those looking for Christmas music that's at least on the outer boundaries
of OKOM,
I heard a CD on a gig last night.

Glenn Miller Orch. 2 vols. Laser Light. Usual price for this budget label
is $5-7. The client had gotten them a couple of weeks previously at Ross
for Less.

Laser Light has lots of interesting stuff.

I'm not particularly a Miller fan, dunno if this music was the WWII band or
the "ghost" band, but we ended up hearing the entire volume at least 3
times, and much of it was just great!

And, I may add, the smallish AIWA boombox put out a hell of a lot of sound
in what was a senior citizens residence dining hall and made the music
sound terrific-- impressed all the musicians as much as the CD did. I'm
gonna try to get one as well as the CDs.

--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
Compiler: "Dixieland FB" (Bb, C); "30S-40S FB (Bb, C)"; "Gig Book"
http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
http://americanmusiccaravan.com (Fake Books, Chord Books, Bands)
eMail: dwlit@cpcug.org