[Dixielandjazz] Mardi Gras Dates

David Livingston snargi01@yahoo.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:05:30 -0800 (PST)

Comrade Barbone, the answer is simple. Such early
dates give the people more events to enjoy.

We here on the left coast like to try and schedule the
various jazz club events on different weekends so that
our core audience doesn't have to choose between
festivals.

If all the jazz clubs ran their mardi gras fests the
weekend before Fat Tuesday, some of the festivals
would lose lots of money as there is a finite amount
of people going to the festivals.

I hope that answers your question, Comrade Barbone.

--- Stephen Barbone <barbonestreet@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> My calendar shows upcoming Fat Tuesday as March 4,
> 2003. If that is
> correct, why are those left coast Mardi Gras'
> (Fresno / Sacto) being
> celebrated as early as February 7.  Is my calendar
> wrong?

=====
David Livingston
Dixieland Gumbo -- Internet Radio Station
Today's hot bands playing OKOM!
http://www.live365.com/stations/63607

If you are interested in getting airplay for your traditional
Jazz band recordings, contact me at snargi01@yahoo.com