[Dixielandjazz] LPs to CDs

Tony Orr torr@alphalink.com.au
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:00:14 +1100

the Tascam CD-RW700 CD burner plugs into the stereo and functions just
like a tape deck but, better reproduction. Pioneer and others make good
component CD burners too. I tried connecting the turntable to the PC but
could not find a plug-in card with a magnetic preamp. This necessitated
use of a stereo amp between the PC and turntable. Too messy if the PC
and sound system are at opposite ends of the house. It is handy to be
able to burn tracks on a re-writable CDs on the Tascam, then take them
to the PC for burning, editing, compiling, whatever........

Tony Orr
banjo Melb