[Dixielandjazz] The Assunto Dukes of Dixieland in Palm Springs!

Mike Marois MikeMarois@HireLiveMusicians.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 10:05:04 -0600

Hey List;

It has been brought to my attention and the attention of the Estate of Frank
J Assunto that there is a scheduled event in Palm Springs California for the
30th and 31st of December in which the featured act is to be The Assunto
Family's Dukes of Dixieland.  I am writing to inform you that the parties
involved in fact are not the true Assunto Family.  The main participant is a
fellow that goes by the name of Bob "Duke" Assunto since he changed is
original name Robert Orlando several years back, undoubtedly to cash in on
the Assunto Family's legacy.  This guy is a few trees over and a few limbs
down on the "Assunto" family tree.

For those who don't know it yet, the Estate of Frank J Assunto was named the
owner of the name Dukes of Dixieland back in August of this year.

DJML relevancy - Don't get burned by a poor representation of a sham artist
trying to cash in on the Dukes of Dixieland and Assunto Family names!

Mike Marois
(my mother was Frank and Freddie's youngest sister and Papa Jac was my
Grandfather!)
http://www.TheDukesofDixieland.com
http://www.HireLiveMusic.com
http://www.MaroisApps.com