[Dixielandjazz] Louis Brown - Much too young!

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 16:47:51 +0000

Rebecca Thompson just passed along the sad news:

> > I thought the TJBS would like to be informed that Louis Brown died
>this
> > morning. I know of no funeral arrangements thus far. He had just
>turned 59
> > years old.
> >
> > The Nashville jazz community, as well as nationwide traditional jazz,
>has
> > suffered an irreparable loss.
> >
> > Tom Sanders

I'll certainly miss Louis! The e-mail from Tom Sanders sent along to us by
Rebecca Thompson was not clear on what cause Louis' death. But I know that
Louis had suffered from heart problems for a number of years and I imagine
this played a part.

Louis was a member of the Mr. Jack Daniels Silver Cornet Band - at one point
he even led the band as "The Perfessor" taking over when Dave Fulmer retired
as leader (tubaist Marcus Arnold has also performed this role). More
recently he has been the trombonist with the Titan Hot 5 (6,7, whatever)
based in Nashville. In addition to being a fine musician, Louis was also a
wonderful entertainer. What a loss!!

Sadly,

Bill Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com