[Dixielandjazz] Some Ace Chords ?

briantowers briantowers@msn.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:45:26 -0500

Welcome Back Tom!
When are you bringing your band back to North America?

Regards,
Brian Towers,
Hot Five Jazzmakers, Toronto, Canada
Band web site:                http://hotfivejazz.tripod.com
Newsletter:                      http://hotfivejazz.tripod.com/TJM
New Year's Eve 2002/3  http://hotfivejazz.tripod.com/nye

Dear List Members,

I dug out my old and battered 1950s chord book from the Climax JB
(Edinburgh) days and found the verse to be the same as Tex Wyndham's but the
chorus had slightly different chords.  The first 8 bars were repeated then
the next 16 bars were repeated resulting in a 48 bar chorus.  So that's how
we must have (rightly or wrongly) played it at that time.

CHORUS
          *   *
|F |F7|Bb|G7|C7|C7|F |F|| repeat          The third and fourth chords were
changed from Gm

|G7|C  |G7|C  |G7|G7|C |C7|
|F  |F7 |Bb|G7|C  |C  |F |F  || repeat     The eleventh and twelfth chords
were changed from Gm
           *    *

Maybe I should have left the book in the cellar or perhaps it should be
thrown out now!

New subscriber (once again)
Tom Wood
zenith@ans.com.au