[Dixielandjazz] Re: Evil Doings--Weekly Columns, Lamps

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 17:27:36 +0000

Hi listmates,

Dan Augustine once again exhibits his mastery of the vernacular:

>     For instance, take my tuba ("Please!") . . . Perhaps it could better
>be turned into some other more functional design, such as a city
>sewer-system . . .  Unused bagpipes could be fashioned into fake
>love-objects for the confused octopus . . .

Wait a minute . . . I just had a brainstorm. What if I turned my washboard
into a device for cleaning clothing! What a novel idea!

>Quite a nice column or two might be wrestled out of these conceits.

Nice to see the word "conceits" used in its literary context.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com