[Dixielandjazz] Re: Evil Doings

Don Ingle dingle@baldwin-net.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:32:43 -0500

Dan, in reply to Jim Beebe: >How about a weekly column?<
Don't do it Jim! I write six columns of week -- for one weekly and two daily
newspapers -- and my life is no longer my own!!
Better would be the time spent designing the proper lamp to be made from
your horn. I have several designs in mind for my trumpet, cornet, Dad's
(Red) curved soprano sax and his violin. My valve 'bone could make a dandy
chandelier.
Considering the scantiness  of work around here (No. MI) I might begin the
work at any time!<G>
By the way -- I have found that you don't have to be a cynic to be a
curmudgeon. Once past the spelling, it's a piece of cake!
Don Ingle
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Augustine" <ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu>
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 3:00 PM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Re: Evil Doings

> >From: JimDBB@aol.com
> >Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Evil Doings
> >Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:44:31 EST
> >Music News:
> >The evil, white owned, Columbia Records Co. announced yesterday that it
was dropping the new Jazz Messiah, Wynton Marsalis, from its roster because
his flat record sales didn't match the hefty fees that he was demanding.
> >The Rev. Jessie Jackson is reported to have left his Reparations
conference and is flying to New York in the Budweiser Corporate Jet. Ken
Burns is, reportedly, going through his files for some fitting lynching and
KKK Rally photos and will join Marsalis and Jackson in a massive protest to
be staged in front of Columbia's offices. Burns will arrive in the PBS bus.
Rev. Al Sharpton will furnish appropriate demogoguery and the Woody Allen
band will furnish fitting period music.
>     Bravo.  A pen dipped in vitriol wielded by Mr. Beebe dissolves the
rosy patina of political correctness coating our vision of this best of all
possible worlds.  Ambrose Bierce would approve ("CYNIC, n.  A blackguard
whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.  Hence
the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his
vision.").  How about a weekly column?