[Dixielandjazz] Local fund-raiser

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald@calweb.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:23:13 -0800

Bob Romans wrote:

> I've been watching our local (Sacramento) Public TV Station, ( CH.6), and
> I've seen The Smothers Brothers, Randy Sparks and the Back Porch
> Majority,The Kingston Trio, to name just a few of the famous performers
from
> the Folk Music days...and who shows up playing bass and singing but our
very
> own IGOR!!! Is this a syndicated show for fund raisers across the US??

Bob Ringwald replies:

Yes.  It was taped sometime last year.  Since Igor replaced Kenny Rogers as
bass player in the Randy Spark's New Christy Minstrels and since Kenny could
not do the special, Randy called Igor.  It is a very good special.

They are running it across the country as a PBS fund raiser.

BTW- Igor & Barbara were here yesterday and had breakfast with us.  Igor is
recovering well from his VERY serious cancer surgery.  The Doctors feel that
they got all the cancer thus he will not have to have Kemo or Radiation.

His speech is slightly affected from the surgery but that beautiful bass
voice is in tact.

Let's all hold good thoughts for a really nice & very talented guy.

Bob
mr.wonderful@ringwald.com
Placerville, CA  USA