[Dixielandjazz] Youngster Among Us

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald@calweb.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:25:25 -0800

Listmates,

For some time now, one of our members has been 16 year old Kymmi.  She is a
very bright (probably because she is Home Schooled) young lady.

She has been to the Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society Youth Jazz Camp.
She comes to our monthly STJS meetings & plays piano in the Tailgate room.

She says that Dixieland (Traditional) Jazz is her favorite.  She also likes
Swing & very early Rock but hates the junk that is being played on radio &
being shoved down the American public's throats today.

It has been quite a while since we have had a teenager on DJML.  A few years
ago we had a young lady trombone player.  But she unsubscribed, went off to
college & has never been back.

Then last year we had a young man who played trumpet from the Pismo Beach
area.  Haven't heard from him lately.

Anyway, thought you would like to know that Kymmi is lurking.

Bob
mr.wonderful@ringwald.com
Placerville, CA, USA, Earth, Sol's System, Milky Way
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See: http://www.ringwald.com
Boondockers Jazz & Comedy Band