[Dixielandjazz] RE: musicians as programmers

Edgerton, Paul A paul.edgerton@eds.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:27:30 -0600

> So, how did you segue from music major to systems engineer????

My employer (EDS) also has music majors on it's recruiting profile. But the
real fault lies squarely with Bob Williams. He told them some wild story
about how smart I was supposed to be. They were so overwhelmed by his native
charm that they forgot to check this until I had cleared the probationary
period and it was too late to change their mind. Now that they've invested
so much in training me to feed myself without soiling my corporate-logo
shirts that they dare not risk starting over again with another recruit.