[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz digest, Vol 1 #350 - 20 msgs

DWSI@aol.com DWSI@aol.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 07:11:27 EST

--part1_64.29014dee.2b1ca7ef_boundary

In a message dated 12/2/2002 1:08:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dixielandjazz-request@ml.islandnet.com writes:

>  E-mail me
> your
> > experiences.  I'll add them on to mine and credit accordingly.  After the
> > first of the year, I'll E-mail the entire collection out to everybody.
> >
> > So get with it!  Let's enlighten the masses!!
> >

> > "SUGAR" WILLIE
> >
> > sugarwillie@earthlink.net

Dan Spink replies:

There are also stories from the other side. When I got repeated obnoxious
requests for a song, particularly one I didn't like to play, (insert Indian
Love Call here), I look them straight in the drunken eye and say, "I just
played that last set." If he continues on, I offer to play my "jazz" version,
which, as every musician knows, means you only hint at the recognizable
melody in the first 4 measures and do whatever the Hell you want after that.

Dan (piano fingers) Spink

--part1_64.29014dee.2b1ca7ef_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 12/2/2002 1:08:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, dixielandjazz-request@ml.islandnet.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"> E-mail me<BR>
your<BR>
&gt; experiences.&nbsp; I'll add them on to mine and credit accordingly.&nbsp; After the<BR>
&gt; first of the year, I'll E-mail the entire collection out to everybody.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; So get with it!&nbsp; Let's enlighten the masses!!<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; "SUGAR" WILLIE<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; sugarwillie@earthlink.net<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Dan Spink replies:<BR>
<BR>
There are also stories from the other side. When I got repeated obnoxious requests for a song, particularly one I didn't like to play, (insert <I>Indian Love Call</I> here), I look them straight in the drunken eye and say, "I just played that last set." If he continues on, I offer to play my "jazz" version, which, as every musician knows, means you only hint at the recognizable melody in the first 4 measures and do whatever the Hell you want after that.<BR>
<BR>
Dan (piano fingers) Spink<BR>
<BR>
<BR>