[Dixielandjazz] Fw: [TPIN] Fw: Lung Capacity

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 20:36:43 EST

--part1_14a.18302278.2b1c132b_boundary

In a message dated 12/1/02 6:32:22 PM Central Standard Time,
jazzmin@actcom.net.il writes:

> Having played bass trombone for over 40 years, and tuba on and off, but now
> consistently on for the past 2 years, I am slowly also picking up trumpet.
> Recently my doctor told me I might have a mild form of asthma. Interesting,
> I do
> get short of breath sometimes, but not when playing the horns.
>
> But my question is this: When playing trumpet, I have a problem I have
> never had
> with bone or tuba. I feel the need to breathe OUT before I run out of air.
> So
> after a phrase, I tend to let out the air I have left, and then breathe in
> for
> the next phrase. This seems like wasted movement, but I have not been able
> beat it. Any suggestions or comments?

   Here is a question.  Are you smoking?

   Jim Beebe

--part1_14a.18302278.2b1c132b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 12/1/02 6:32:22 PM Central Standard Time, jazzmin@actcom.net.il writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Having played bass trombone for over 40 years, and tuba on and off, but now<BR>
consistently on for the past 2 years, I am slowly also picking up trumpet.<BR>
Recently my doctor told me I might have a mild form of asthma. Interesting, I do<BR>
get short of breath sometimes, but not when playing the horns.<BR>
<BR>
But my question is this: When playing trumpet, I have a problem I have never had<BR>
with bone or tuba. I feel the need to breathe OUT before I run out of air. So<BR>
after a phrase, I tend to let out the air I have left, and then breathe in for<BR>
the next phrase. This seems like wasted movement, but I have not been able to<BR>
beat it. Any suggestions or comments?</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Here is a question.&nbsp; Are you smoking?<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_14a.18302278.2b1c132b_boundary--