[Dixielandjazz] Contentment

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:08:17 +0000

John Farrell commented:

>Maybe I'll win the lottery tonight. If I do I shall spend the rest of my
>life reclining on the sofa, imbibing an even more impressive malt while
>watching inane American TV shows about the difficulties socially challenged
>people have with their relationships.

For the life of me, I can't imagine watching such TV fare unless you want to
deliberately destroy any vestige of common sense you may have possessed at
one time or another.

On the other hand, Americans typically don't watch British TV because they
don't understand it. Faulty Towers, Monty Python, etc. GO RIGHT OVER OUR
HEADS. We can watch a bit of Benny Hill but that's because he occasionally
airs a bit of female flesh which puts the matter on a different plane
altogether.

As for the single malt, that is one of life's noblest pursuits!

Cheers,

Bill "A Wee Dram of Laphroig, please" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com