[Dixielandjazz] Misplaced words

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:00:35 +0000

John Farrell says (regarding "Hard Man Is Good To Find"):

>Until Anton reveals the circumstances - i.e. were the words said jokingly
>or
>was it a slip? (either case is quite feasible) - it will be impossible to
>determine which of us is right.

I personally don't think this is a 'slip of the tongue.' - Seems to me it's
a pretty deliberate attempt at comedy. My bet is that every time you've
heard this word switch it was in a context designed to deliberately elicit a
laugh from the audience.

My money is on the "IT HAD TO BE SAID JOKINGLY!"

Obviously the first time the silly song title came up on the DJML it was in
a comedic context and NOT a typo!!

Cheers,

Bill "anastrophe" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com