[Dixielandjazz] Care?

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:05:58 +0000

Dear Romantics,

Henry Stinson wrote:
>...One older woman wept, because her husband had recently died, and she
>said
>he sang ["You Are My Sunshine"] to her every day of their long marriage.

I responded:

>Bill "Sorry, couldn't help myself" Gunter respectfully submitted:
>Now I really don't mean to be disrespectful here, but how would you feel if
>your spouse sang "You Are My Sunshine" EVERY DAY of your long marriage?

Nancy Giffin observes:

>Do husbands really do that kind of romantic thing for their wives?
>Bill, try to "think like a woman" here. If my husband did sang our favorite
>song for me everyday, while looking into my eyes with love and
>appreciation,
>here's how I'd feel:
>
>The first instance of hearing the first note, I'd automatically and
>hypnotically slip into that blissful state I first fell into during the
>first time my sweetie ever sang it to me in what was no doubt an utterly
>romantic moment. A Pavlovian response. High praise from me to all couples
>who have established their own unique little trigger for that most
>desirable
>response: bliss. May her dear husband rest in peace. I grieve for her.

. . . and my final observation:

I know, I know . . . I was just being insensitive. It is a poignant story
and I can relate to it. Like if my wife and I don't get our morning hug each
day something is missing.

I'll try to behave myself!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "I Still Think It's Funny" Gunter