[Dixielandjazz] Care?

Nancy Giffin nancyink@ulink.net
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:59:05 -0500

> Henry Stinson wrote:
>>...One older woman wept, because her husband had recently died, and she said
he sang ["You Are My Sunshine"] to her every day of their long marriage.

>> Bill "Sorry, couldn't help myself" Gunter respectfully submitted:
>> Now I really don't mean to be disrespectful here, but how would you feel if
>> your spouse sang "You Are My Sunshine" EVERY DAY of your long marriage?

Henry and Bill,
Do husbands really do that kind of romantic thing for their wives?
Bill, try to "think like a woman" here. If my husband did sang our favorite
song for me everyday, while looking into my eyes with love and appreciation,
here's how I'd feel:

The first instance of hearing the first note, I'd automatically and
hypnotically slip into that blissful state I first fell into during the
first time my sweetie ever sang it to me in what was no doubt an utterly
romantic moment. A Pavlovian response. High praise from me to all couples
who have established their own unique little trigger for that most desirable
response: bliss. May her dear husband rest in peace. I grieve for her.

Love and hugs,
Nancy