[Dixielandjazz] State of music today.

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:18:37 -0400

Rocky Ball wrote: (polite snip)

"Although many folks have moved Trad Jazz into the museum and play it
with the
reverence normally afforded classical music, I think that approach is
completely mismatched. Jazz in a hot, smokey, crowded club where the
audience's heat is rising, especially on the dance floor, is where it's
at
for me and my group. When we owned our own place we felt as if the
evening
wasn't a total success unless the whole place was dancing and several
babes
flashed the band!"

Amen Rocky. Very few of us jazz musos get rich in monetery terms, but we
do get to see lots of beautiful women and bodies if we are lucky.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone