[Dixielandjazz] Re: [Dixielandjazz]Shoretest poem was IF U COULD C ME NOW + another ? song

Don Kirkman donkirk@covad.net
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:49:11 -0700

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:29:36 -0400, Ron L'Herault wrote:

>I thought that poem was entitled "Fleas".

Me too.

>Another good song with a question:  Who's taking care of the caretakers
>daughter when the caretaker's out taking care?"

You could check "Speak Low," "Foolish Heart," and "I'm a Stranger Here
Myself" for examples of his lyrics (from "One Touch of Venus," 1943).
http://www.certando.net/vali/foolishsongs.htm

As proof he could be serious, he also wrote "Old Men," of whom I'm one:

Old Men
by Ogden Nash

People expect old men to die,
They do not really mourn old men.
Old men are different. People look
At them with eyes that wonder when...
People watch with unshocked eyes;
But the old men know when an old man dies.

"Memories" and "Memories of You"

For more typical Nashian poetry, http://www.westegg.com/nash/
--
Don