[Dixielandjazz] Musicians Pay???

Randy Fendrick jfendrick@bak.rr.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:51:40 -0700

A friend and I were talking today about the possibility of putting on a jazz
festival.  We were talking about estimating costs and wondered what real
headliners would get for a 3 day festival.  I know what festivals like Pismo
and Sweet and Hot pay and have seen/or rather felt what happens to newer
bands on the circuit when a festival doesn't make it, but was wondering what
a headliner like say Ruby Braff and Jeff Hamilton might get?  This fellows
idea was to maybe provide a rhythm section and have guys like Braff and
Hamilton play for a night or two.
If someone has first hand knowledge let me know off list.
Thanks

-Randy Fendrick-
Bakersfield Symphony Orchestra
Southside Chicago Seven