[Dixielandjazz] Errant Slings and Arrows

G. William Oakley gwilliamoakley@earthlink.net
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:21:42 -0600

(snip)
Well, aw, shucks, now Gee Billy!  Somehow I'm not too sure about the soprano
of your guesswork about Barbone's tenor.   I do admire "paranoid
nattering" to a small extent, although my stuff has been called many more
imaginative things--for example, "poisonous nonsense" from a left wingnut on
the Chicago Tribune.

Dear Charley:
I do find it difficult to bear a tone you suggest in my response to
Barbone's tenor.   But I suppose I should be all too (or is that alto?)
thankful for not making it into the pantheon of your detractors, i.e.,  the
"left wingnut on
the Chicago Tribune." Let's say that any slings and/or arrows you thought
aimed your way were only in fun and the gist of my jest was just and a gust
not meant to ruffle.
Pax Vobiscum
G. Billy