[Dixielandjazz] Now This Is A Jazz Festival

G. William Oakley gwilliamoakley@earthlink.net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:41:29 -0600

In today's Denver Post columnist Bill Husted reports on the Aspen Jazz
Festival as follows:

"All that Jazz Aspen

Jazz Aspen boss Jim Horowitz is jazzed about the upcoming Labor Day
festival.

"The advance sales are triple anything we've had in the past 12 years," says
Horowitz. In 2000, it was Lyle Lovett, Joe Cocker, Jimmy Cliff and the
Allman Brothers taking the stage. This year, it's Phil Lesh, Macy Gray, Keb'
Mo', Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson and Nickel Creek.

"The Dylan show on Sunday (Sept. 1) is the biggest one of all," says
Horowitz. "The venue holds 10,000, and we expect to sell out early on the
day of the show."

It's a new venue this year - the base of Buttermilk Mountain, close to Aspen
and the action.

And the action will be at Colony, a new restaurant/nightclub in town where
Horowitz will hold court every night after the bands wrap. He's invited all
the musicians to sit in, so it should be a jam to remember."

What is the world coming to? Nelson, Dylan and whatever a Keb' Mo' is are
jazz stars?
Respectfully,
G. William Oakley