[Dixielandjazz] Re: Jerry Fuller

Jrtnft@aol.com Jrtnft@aol.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:51:30 EDT

--part1_104.1a88ddd2.2a965472_boundary

Chuck Kercher wrote:

<<Thanks Jim,

    I had listened to Fuller with the Dukes of Dixieland and always admired
his playing but recently heard a recording that he made with Teagarden that
was just fantastic. I couldn't understand how or why he dropped out of sight.
Barbering? So many players and so few barbers but?????? chuck>>

The way Jerry explained it to me, he just wanted out of the travel/nightlife
hustle & bustle.  But then he sort of returned to it in the Boston area music
scene, playing sideman gigs and leading the dinner club band at a very nice
restauranrt in Danvers, a Boston suburb, where he and his wife lived. I last
saw him in the late 80's when he also had a day job in a Danvers liquor
store.

Jack Thomas

--part1_104.1a88ddd2.2a965472_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#3dffff"><FONT  SIZE=2>Chuck Kercher wrote:<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt;Thanks Jim,<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I had listened to Fuller with the Dukes of Dixieland and always admired his playing but recently heard a recording that he made with Teagarden that was just fantastic. I couldn't understand how or why he dropped out of sight. Barbering? So many players and so few barbers but?????? chuck&gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
The way Jerry explained it to me, he just wanted out of the travel/nightlife hustle &amp; bustle.&nbsp; But then he sort of returned to it in the Boston area music scene, playing sideman gigs and leading the dinner club band at a very nice restauranrt in Danvers, a Boston suburb, where he and his wife lived. I last saw him in the late 80's when he also had a day job in a Danvers liquor store.<BR>
<BR>
Jack Thomas<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_104.1a88ddd2.2a965472_boundary--