[Dixielandjazz] Another song for consideration

Don Kirkman donkirk@covad.net
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:18:17 -0700

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:25:56 +0000, Bill Gunter wrote:

>Thanks for the post on the song "Daybreak."

>I don't recognize the song from your description but I consulted my old
>stack of fake books and found another song from waaayyy back called
>"Daybreak." It's by Grofe and Adamson and has a very nice melody.

That would be one of the themes from Grofe's "Grand Canyon Suite," I
presume.  Beautiful music and . . .

>The lyrics start, "Daybreak, another new day, the mist on the meadow is
>drifting away . . ."

. . . beautiful lyrics.
--
Don Kirkman          (N6IM)       Cerritos, CA
donkirk@covad.net