[Dixielandjazz] Permissive society

Jazzjerry@aol.com Jazzjerry@aol.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:55:01 EDT

In a message dated 19/8/02 16:26:30, stridepiano@tesco.net writes:

<< If by "that sort of thing" you are referring to that sort of thing, then
you

are wrong - it is not allowed everywhere. It is not permitted on the lower

deck of British country buses.

Just shows how long ago I lived in the country. The bench seat at the back
was the best place! The conductors always visted upstairs in case there was
under-age smoking on the upper deck!

(All this will be strange to our American cousins who will have never enjoyed
the delights of double decker buses with 4-person bench seats upstairs.)

Musical content:- "Don't Do That To The Poor Puss Cat"  - Leslie Sarony 1928

Musical question:- Are our American cousins the only people who could combine
"The Birdie Song" and 'God Bless America' into the same medley as witnessed
during my Floridian trip?

Cheers,

Jerry
Norwich,