[Dixielandjazz] Climactic restorations

Dradjazz@aol.com Dradjazz@aol.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 14:07:58 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/02 6:54:45 AM, Steve Barbone:

<< PS. That's also a good argument for recreating the music on those old
records with a contemporary band. An exact arrangement of "One Step" or
"Livery Stable" or of those early King Oliver sides on Gennett, by a
good band, is certainly worth listening to . . .

Serious can of worms there, Steve.  Would you really want to see the Sistine
Chapel as repainted by contemporary painters!?  I wouldn't.

Also I should hope that the damage done to the murals over the years was due
to CLIMATIC (pertaining to climate) rather than CLIMACTIC (pertaining to or
coming to a climax).

Dave Radlauer
www.JAZZHOT.Bigstep.com