[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics request - Viper Mad, Mama's Gone Goodbye

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:04:30 +0000

Hi Roberto

>Anybody have lyrics to "Viper Mad" and/or "Mama's Gone Goodbye?"

Mama's Gone Goodbye

Fair thee well, (Mama's/Papa's) Gone Goodbye
No need to sigh, no need to cry
For years you dogged me 'round, now's the time
To let you know what's on my mind
I'm leavin' - I'm goin' away.
Faith thee well, I've been to school
Learned a brand new rule, ain't no one's fool
Gonna find a (gal/guy) whole treat me right
One who'll stay home every night
Fair thee well, (Mama's/Papa's) Gone Goodbye

>Not for me, as I couldn't care less about lyrics.  That's "couldn't" care
less, btw, not "could" care less, which is WRONG.

No . . . "could care less" is perfectly ok. It's even better perhaps because
it uses the language of irony as in: "I could care less (but I doubt it).
Dig?

Ah you literalists. You probably think double negatives are wrong too. You
probably are thinking in terms of mathematics where two negatives equal a
positive. Well language ain't math! Double negatives are used all the time
in many languages as INTENSIFIERS.

"I don't want any" is pretty weak . . . pretty namby-pamby but "I don't want
NONE!" is the emphatic form.

Now get off my back,

Bill
Jazzboard@hotmail.com