[Dixielandjazz] Harod Dejan

Nino Frasio conn20k@tiscali.it
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:34:47 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01C242A4.4848DE40

The band I've played sousaphone with for nearly fifteen years, the =
Ambrosia Brass Band, had the chance to play along with Dejan's Olympia =
Brass Band in many occasions, among others at Ascona (CH), Zurich (CH) =
and Perugia's Umbria Jazz (I) festivals.
We enjoyed in parading with those great musicians that gave us the =
opportunity to listen to (as well to learn.) the REAL THING.
Harold Dejan was the band leader that everyone would like to play for.
Ambrosia Brass Band changed 7/9 of its members two years ago and they =
(me too, of course.) now play with the brand new Pegasus Brass Band.
Pegasus BB keeps on playing in New Orleans style while the other =
switched to more modern stuff.

This is not a commercial anyway, but if any of you would like to listen =
to the "true Ambrosia" records they are all available at GHB Jazzology.

Nino Frasio
http://www.geocities.com/conn20k/

------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01C242A4.4848DE40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff background=3D"">
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>The band I=92ve played sousaphone =
with for nearly=20
fifteen years, the Ambrosia Brass Band, had the chance to play along =
with=20
Dejan=92s Olympia Brass Band in many occasions, among others at Ascona =
(CH),=20
Zurich (CH) and Perugia=92s Umbria Jazz (I) festivals.<BR>We enjoyed in =
parading=20
with those great musicians that gave us the opportunity to listen to (as =
well to=20
learn=85) the REAL THING.<BR>Harold Dejan was the band leader that =
everyone would=20
like to play for.<BR>Ambrosia Brass Band changed 7/9 of its members two =
years=20
ago and they (me too, of course=85) now play with the brand new Pegasus =
Brass=20
Band.<BR>Pegasus BB keeps on playing in New Orleans style while the =
other=20
switched to more modern stuff.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>This is not a commercial anyway, but =
if any of=20
you would like to listen to the "true Ambrosia" records they are all =
available=20
at GHB Jazzology.<BR></DIV></FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Nino Frasio<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.geocities.com/conn20k/">http://www.geocities.com/conn2=
0k/</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01C242A4.4848DE40--