[Dixielandjazz] Re: Street Musicians - was strange gigs

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald@calweb.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:33:50 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Barbone" <barbonestreet@earthlink.net>
To: <dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 12:35 PM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Re: Street Musicians - was strange gigs

Steve Barbone wrote:

> When Barbone Street did that Ice Cream Social for the University of
Pennsylvania
> in Philadelphia a couple of weeks ago, on the break, we came upon a
scruffy
> trumpet player working at a street corner two blocks away....We
> asked how much money he made per day. Answer $150 to $200, all tax free.

Bob Ringwald writes:

Dick Cary once told me about traveling with a group of all-stars through
Europe.  They got ready to leave the hotel but couldn't find Joe Venuti.
They finally found him across the street in the train station, playing
violin with his case open, collecting tips.

Bob
mr.wonderful@ringwald.com
Placerville, CA USA