[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Movies - Molly

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:59:32 EDT

--part1_cd.1ba49a54.2a882a34_boundary

In a message dated 8/11/02 12:10:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
ringwald@calweb.com writes:

> Bob Neighbor loaned me a copy of the record Molly had done with when she was
> > 6-7 years old.  It is a gas and well worth hearing if you never have.  I
> took
> > it on a friends radio show and played it.  How many copies do you have in
> the
> > garage there, Bob?
> > Put one out on E Bay for the hell of it.  I'll bet it will bring in some
> nice
> > money.
> >
> > Jim Beebe
> >

> Bob answers:
>
> Yes, it was a hell of an album with Skeets Herfurt (of Jimmy Dorsey fame)
> on
> reeds.  Both Skeets & Jim Maihack wrote the arrangements.  Al
> Smith (of High Sierra JB) on tpt & Maihack on tbn.  George Rock (Of Spike
> Jones fame) wrote the liner notes.  Dr. Ed Lawless took the pix & Dottie
> Lawless (our DJML Listmate) designed the front cover.  There is a pic of it
> on my web site, http://www.ringwald.com.  Perhaps I should put up a couple
> of tunes from it on the site?
>
> Three years ago a used copy sold for $102 on EBay.  a year & 1/2 ago, an
> autographed copy, by Molly when she was 6, sold for $250.  I only have a
> couple copies left.
>
> Bob
> Placerville, CA

   Just as a footnote to this, Bob Neighbor's copy of your album with Molly
went down  in a horrendous flood that Bob's house underwent.  Neighbor is a
fine trumpet player who moved from Frisco to the Chicago area.  A few years
back his house in Aurora, Il underwent a terrible deluge in the middle of the
night.  Bob lost everything that was in his basement office and that included
a large number of Jazz LPs.  He also lost all of his computer stuff and one
day he received a special delivery of a brand new computer.  A bunch of old
friends in the Bay area had gotten together, chipped in and bought him a new
computer to replace the one lost in the flood.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_cd.1ba49a54.2a882a34_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 8/11/02 12:10:07 PM Central Daylight Time, ringwald@calweb.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Bob Neighbor loaned me a copy of the record Molly had done with when she was<BR>
&gt; 6-7 years old.&nbsp; It is a gas and well worth hearing if you never have.&nbsp; I<BR>
took<BR>
&gt; it on a friends radio show and played it.&nbsp; How many copies do you have in<BR>
the<BR>
&gt; garage there, Bob?<BR>
&gt; Put one out on E Bay for the hell of it.&nbsp; I'll bet it will bring in some<BR>
nice<BR>
&gt; money.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; Jim Beebe<BR>
&gt;<BR>
<BR>
Bob answers:<BR>
<BR>
Yes, it was a hell of an album with Skeets Herfurt (of Jimmy Dorsey fame) on<BR>
reeds.&nbsp; Both Skeets &amp; Jim Maihack wrote the arrangements.&nbsp; Al<BR>
Smith (of High Sierra JB) on tpt &amp; Maihack on tbn.&nbsp; George Rock (Of Spike<BR>
Jones fame) wrote the liner notes.&nbsp; Dr. Ed Lawless took the pix &amp; Dottie<BR>
Lawless (our DJML Listmate) designed the front cover.&nbsp; There is a pic of it<BR>
on my web site, http://www.ringwald.com.&nbsp; Perhaps I should put up a couple<BR>
of tunes from it on the site?<BR>
<BR>
Three years ago a used copy sold for $102 on EBay.&nbsp; a year &amp; 1/2 ago, an<BR>
autographed copy, by Molly when she was 6, sold for $250.&nbsp; I only have a<BR>
couple copies left.<BR>
<BR>
Bob<BR>
Placerville, CA</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Just as a footnote to this, Bob Neighbor's copy of your album with Molly went down&nbsp; in a horrendous flood that Bob's house underwent.&nbsp; Neighbor is a fine trumpet player who moved from Frisco to the Chicago area.&nbsp; A few years back his house in Aurora, Il underwent a terrible deluge in the middle of the night.&nbsp; Bob lost everything that was in his basement office and that included a large number of Jazz LPs.&nbsp; He also lost all of his computer stuff and one day he received a special delivery of a brand new computer.&nbsp; A bunch of old friends in the Bay area had gotten together, chipped in and bought him a new computer to replace the one lost in the flood.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_cd.1ba49a54.2a882a34_boundary--