[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Movies

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 21:15:37 EDT

--part1_108.1608dd31.2a8471b9_boundary

In a message dated 8/8/02 10:40:29 AM Central Daylight Time,
PLadd36932@aol.com writes:

> <<  One of my favorite movies is High Society  >>
>
> Mine too!
>
> The whole film, the music particularly, has an `impromptu` quality that
> makes
> it difficult to visualise rehearsals or a number of takes on any one shot.
> `Now you has Jazz` and to some extent `Did you Evah` look as though they
> were
> filmed straight from a stage performance on one of those nights when the
> musicians are really swinging and everything has gelled.
> Bing and Louis doing `Little One` is beautiful.
>
> Cheers
>
> Pat

   the music, "now you has Jazz and the others in high Society was all
recorded first and them mimicked on camera.  Many visual takes for camera
angles etc.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_108.1608dd31.2a8471b9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 8/8/02 10:40:29 AM Central Daylight Time, PLadd36932@aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">&lt;&lt;&nbsp; One of my favorite movies is High Society&nbsp; &gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
Mine too!<BR>
<BR>
The whole film, the music particularly, has an `impromptu` quality that makes <BR>
it difficult to visualise rehearsals or a number of takes on any one shot.<BR>
`Now you has Jazz` and to some extent `Did you Evah` look as though they were <BR>
filmed straight from a stage performance on one of those nights when the <BR>
musicians are really swinging and everything has gelled.<BR>
Bing and Louis doing `Little One` is beautiful.<BR>
<BR>
Cheers<BR>
<BR>
Pat</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; the music, "now you has Jazz and the others in high Society was all recorded first and them mimicked on camera.&nbsp; Many visual takes for camera angles etc.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_108.1608dd31.2a8471b9_boundary--