[Dixielandjazz] Lee Castle

Stan Brager sbrager@socal.rr.com" <sbrager@socal.rr.com
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 10:36:28 -0700

Jim;

I have Lee Castle blowing nice trumpet with Ray McKinley's Dixie Six.
Peanuts Hucko (cl), Dean Kincaide (bar), Mickey Crane (p), and Trigger
Alpert (b) are the rest of the band on this 1957 Jazztone LP.  Will
Bradley's Jazz Band plays 8 of the 12 tunes on the LP.

The McKinley group plays "Jeepers Creepers", "Sugar Foot Stomp", "Royal
Garden Blues", and "Hard Hearted Hannah". I would say that the music sounds
more like Chicago style.

The liner notes by George Simon give only a little information about Lee
Castle.

Stan
Stan Brager
Trombonist-in-Training