[Dixielandjazz] Tommy Loy - now WIGGINS and "Saints"

Nancy Giffin nancyink@ulink.net
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 17:04:37 -0500

Glad to hear that Tommy is enjoying Edinburgh with Gunter and Romans.

Now, remember the other Tom? That guy named Wiggins?
Just got a postcard from Spain saying, "the tour is going great" for St.
Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band, and they've been invited back to every
festival they've played.

With regard to the popularity of the "Saints" tune:

Tom said "...we were invited to a special command performance to open the
show for Herbie Hancock Saturday night on the main headliner stage. We
enjoyed a standing ovation as we entered the auditorium with 'SAINTS' and
paraded through the building and up onto the stage..."

:)